The Yama Glass Stovetop Coffee Syphon is a unique, theatrical way to make coffee using a vacuum brewed technique that produces a cleaner, richer, and smoother cup of coffee. Yama Glass is sturdy and made from hand-blown Borosilicate glass, so it's temper and heat resistant for safety but more importantly non-porous, trapping in all the flavor and essential oils for the perfect brew. Of all the best ways to make coffee at home, this might just be your new favorite.
Also available is the Yama Glass 8 Cup Stovetop Coffee Siphon.
COFFEE BREW PROS
- 5 cup capacity.
- Includes reusable filter cloth, filter assembly, coffee scoop, measuring spoon, the lid/stand, and the brewer itself.
- Hand-blown Borosilicate glass, temper, and heat resistant for safety.
- Heat resistant handle.
- Works on gas and electric range tops.
- Wire diffuser included for use on electric coil burners
- Use extreme caution when heating with an open flame.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Dimensions are 7 x7 x10 inches.
Directions for use:
Use a slightly finer grind of coffee. Drop the washable, reusable cloth-covered filter into the infusion chamber with the chain hanging down into the glass siphon tube. Pull the chain down until you can hook it to the bottom of the siphon tube. Fill the bottom carafe to the 5 mark with hot water and place 5 measuring spoons of coffee in the top chamber. This model works on gas and electric range tops and comes with a wire diffuser for use on electric coil burners. Use medium-high heat. It takes about 4 minutes to heat the water, all the water is siphoned to the top chamber and then allow 2 minutes to brew. Once you remove it from the heat source, the coffee comes back down to the bottom carafe. Remove the top, placing it in its convertible lid/stand, and bring the pot to the table for serving.