The Yama Glass Stovetop Coffee Syphon is a unique, theatrical way to make coffee using a vacuum brewed technique that produces a cleaner, richer, and smoother cup of coffee. Yama Glass is sturdy and made from hand-blown Borosilicate glass, so it's temper and heat resistant for safety but more importantly non-porous, trapping in all the flavor and essential oils for the perfect brew. Of all the best ways to make coffee, this might just be your new favorite.
Also available is the Yama Glass 5 Cup Stovetop Coffee Siphon.
COFFEE BREW PROS
- 8 cup capacity.
- Includes reusable filter cloth, filter assembly, coffee scoop, measuring spoon, the lid/stand, and the brewer itself.
- Hand-blown Borosilicate glass, temper, and heat resistant for safety.
- Heat resistant handle.
- Works on gas and electric range tops.
- Wire diffuser included for use on electric coil burners
- Use extreme caution when heating with an open flame.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Dimensions are 7 x7 x12 inches.
Directions for use:
- Use a slightly finer grind of coffee, somewhere around "auto drip" however you may experiment to taste.
- Drop the washable, reusable cloth-covered filter into the infusion chamber with the chain hanging down into the glass siphon tube. Pull the chain down until you can hook it to the bottom of the siphon tube.
- Fill the bottom carafe to the 8 cup mark with hot water and place 8 measuring spoons of the coffee mark in the top chamber.
- Using the wire trivet between the coffee siphon and the burner place the coffee siphon on the burner and turn it on to medium heat. DO NOT TURN THE BURNER ON HIGH.
- As the water boils, it will be siphoned up to the top chamber where it will infuse with the ground coffee. A little water will always remain in the bottom water chamber.
- Let brew for about 60 seconds, then remove the pot from the heat source.
- Once the coffee starts to cool the liquid is siphoned back down into the bottom carafe. Remove the top, placing it in its convertible lid/stand, and bring the pot to the table for serving.
- Gently rock the upper carafe back and forth until it can easily be removed and placed into its stand.
- Serve and enjoy your fresh great-tasting coffee.
Although Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol which is available at all drug stores can be used in the alcohol burner, Denatured Alcohol which can be purchased in most hardware stores will burn hotter and help heat the water quicker.
Check out Old Timey Dave's (Dave W) Flickr feed to follow our Espresso Parts adventure brewing with the Yama 5 Cup Tabletop Vacpot.